1. The submission should be original, without duplicate submission and be wrote based on our writing guideline.
2. Authors should report original researches truly and objectively. No plagiarism. No fraudulent use of data. Submission should be permitted to be peer-reviewed according to the requirements of Science and Technology of Food Industry. Authors should provide initial data when it is needed.
3. All signature authors should do substantial contributions to the research. All copyright owners should agree to sign copyright transfer agreement:
According to the Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China, all copyright owners (including all authors and their affiliations) should agree the paper can be published in Science and Technology of Food Industry,and transfer all rights, such as compilation rights, reproduction right, publishing right, translation right, editorial rights, right of broadcasting, performance right, copy right, printing right and paper electronic copy right, distribution right, the information network communication right and the adjacent right of the above rights enjoyed by this paper (various language versions), to the editorial office of Science and Technology of Food Industry.The editorial office pays full remuneration and copyright transfer fee to authors within one year. The copyright of papers in other languages should be authorized only to Science and Technology of Food Industry. The content of papers does not infringe upon other people’s copyright or any other rights and does not involve state secrets, or all responsibilities should be assumed by the author. Authors should not get the paper published by any other media when it has been published in Science and Technology of Food Industry.
4. Authors should permit sharing the paper and research data in proper database or the original publishing source.
5. Authors should cite the reproduced content from other sources after acquiring permission. If the work is supported by a fund, its full name should be listed. It is authors’ duty to provide published literatures which have overlap or closed relationship to the submission.
6. Authors should ensure that any studies involving human or animal subjects conform to national (such as Declaration of Helsinki), local, and institutional laws and requirements.
7. Authors can declare to avoid or recommend reviewers in the manuscript submitting stage.
8. Authors should notify the journal editor or publisher promptly if a significant error in their publications is identified.
1. Act in balanced, objective and fair way to authors, reviewers and editorial board members. Keeping friendly connections with these people.
2. Send the submission and Science and Technology of Food Industry reviewing guideline to proper experts for reviewing through the collecting and editing system. Modifying, accepting or rejecting submissions depend on suggestions from the reviewers and Science and Technology of Food Industry recruitment criteria.
3. Give entire, detailed and clear modifying suggestions or rejecting reasons to authors. Editors have independent right to make a decision to accept or reject a submission, but they can not only base on the private opinion. Unless finding serious problems, editors should not change the original decision to a manuscript.
4. Follow the author’s requirement of avoiding specific experts to review the submission, if it is reasonable and available. If the author disagrees with some changes made to the article, editors should give the author response to any complaints.
5. Handle submissions for sponsored supplements or special issues in the same way as other submissions, so that articles are considered and accepted based on solely on their academic merit and without commercial influence.
6. Publish all the processes (collecting, peer-reviewing, editing and publishing) and the writing template. To answer each question from authors timely and record the answers in the collecting and editing system or related documents.
7. Put an end to academic misconduct through CNKI sci-tech periodical academic misconduct checking system and Google and protect the confidentiality of submitted manuscripts before publishing.
8. Collect evidence, investigate and retract submissions which have academic misconduct and control the spread if the paper has been published.
9. Modify or withdraw the published manuscript when finding faults in it. Then each change should be shown in related PDF files and declared on Science and Technology of Food Industry website.
10. Protect and update the private information of authors and develop new reviewers if it is needed.
11. Maintain and select editorial board members who made contribution, and find new authors to improve the journal in addition to inviting high level literature reviews and holding editorial board meetings to get helpful suggestions.
12. Editors of Science and Technology of Food Industry can not submit papers to this journal.
1. Giving objective, detailed and clear comments to assist editors in improving the quality of the paper timely.
2. Being aware of any potential conflicts of interest (financial, institutional or other relationships that might lead to bias or a conflict of interest) and to alert the editor without retaining or copying the manuscripts.
3. Alerting the editor to any published or submitted articles which are substantially similar to that under review.
Sponsor or Publisher responsibilities:
1. Science and Technology of Food Industry is sponsored and published by both China National Light Industry Council and Beijing Industrial Technology Research Institute. The requirements of China National Light Industry Council and Beijing Industrial Technology Research Institute for the journal are obeying the academic publishing ethical standards, publishing high quality and up-to-standard manuscripts and improving communication in the food field.
2. The publishing organization can not intervene in the decision-making power of editors.
Identification and Treatment of Academic Misconduct Papers
In order to protect the rights and interests of readers and maintain the quality and reputation of this journal, Science and Technology of Food Industry will strictly test and screen papers in the publishing process, and continue to implement the rejection system and deal with papers identified as academic misconduct seriously. The specific detection and identification process and treatment methods are hereby announced as follows:
1. The journal adopts the "Academic Misconduct Literature Check(AMLC)" to automatically detect the papers, and takes the general library of online publishing of China Academic Journal Network Publishing Database to detect academic misconduct papers such as plagiarism and plagiarism, forgery, tampering, improper signature, multiple submission of one draft and so on.
2. Scope of papers to be tested
1) All papers recorded or ready for employment by the journal;
2) Readers report suspected plagiarism of papers.
3. Identification of academic misconduct papers
The "Academic Misconduct Literature Check" is used to check the duplicate of the paper. If the duplication rate is 15% or more, the paper and the comparison paper shall be submitted to the reviewer together to determine the nature and form of the duplication of the paper, and prepare the Opinion on the Identification and Treatment of the Similarity between the Paper and the Comparison Paper.
The criteria for identifying papers as academic misconduct are as follows:
1) Copying the achievements of others in the original or basically intact content of the thesis;
2) In the content of the paper, changing the type of other people's achievements and regard the achievements completed by others as the achievements completed by themselves independently; Or not changing the type of achievements, but making use of the copyright protected elements in the achievements and changing the specific forms of expression of the achievements, and treating the achievements completed by others as the achievements completed independently by themselves;
3) Using the protected views of others to form the whole, core or main views of his own paper, and taking the protected academic achievements of others as the main part or substantive part of his own academic paper;
4) Fabricating or tampering with research results, investigation data, experimental data or literature in a paper;
5) Quoting other people's protected views, plans, materials, data, etc., without annotation or explanation of the source;
6) More than one draft.
4. Treatment of papers identified as academic misconduct
1) In a prudent manner, the editorial department shall timely notify the author of the papers finally identified as academic misconduct, and allow the author to explain and defend this issue before making a decision.
2) If the paper has been hired but not officially published, inform the author that the paper will be returned directly in the manuscript processing process of the website of this journal, cancel its employment qualification, and give criticism, education and warning to the author.
3) If the paper has been officially published, notify the author of the paper in writing, cancel the employment qualification of the paper, and order the author to return the manuscript fee of the paper. If it causes reputation or other losses to the journal, the journal will reserve the right to continue to pursue compensation.
4) If the circumstances are serious, the author's unit and name will be published in the journal at a selected time, as well as the notice of canceling the paper, and the event will be notified to the author's unit and other scientific and technological journals in the field;
5) For the papers written by the author as the first author who seriously plagiarizes and submits more than one draft, this journal will not be employed within 2 years.
5. Handling of author's objection
If the author of the paper disagrees with the identification and handling results of the journal, he can submit a written application for review to the editorial department of the journal within 10 working days from the date of receiving the notice (the journal will not accept it if it is overdue). The editorial department is responsible for inviting experts to review the paper, making final treatment opinions, and notifying the author of the review results within 30 working days.
The above measures shall come into force as of the date of promulgation and shall be interpreted by the Editorial Board of Science and Technology of Food Industry.
Editorial Board of Science and Technology of Food Industry